Writing & Tutoring Center
Hello Spring Quarter Students!
As TCC goes online to comply with the recommendations and requirements of our state and federal governments, the Student Learning Centers will also go online to support you in all of your academics. We care about your success during this challenging quarter!
Here are some details about each program and where to find us!
- ZOOM: LIVE TUTORING
Science tutoring, supported by the WTC (biology, A&P, physics, chemistry, engineering)
To access Zoom sessions (free to TCC students)
We will send the MEETING ID NUMBER by email and make accessible in the Portal so you can access these services after April 5.
If you miss it or have questions, please see the contact info at the bottom of this email:
- Navigate to zoom.us (https://zoom.us/)
- Select Join a Meeting from the header
- Enter the meeting ID number, that you’ll get by email.
- You will be prompted with questions regarding your audio and video preferences
- After selecting your preferred audio and video use, you will be placed in a waiting room
- The assigned staff member will add you to the session and assist you with your questions in the order that you enter
CANVAS: LIVE TUTORING & PAPER SUBMISSIONS
For writing tutoring for English, ESL, EAP, ABE courses, social science and humanities courses, and for all other writing questions and assignments
To access Canvas Writing Tutoring (free to TCC students)
- Click on this URL to self enroll in our Canvas course
(note: writing tutors will not be available until April 6).
- Or, enroll in WRITE096, a one-credit course, to receive regular online help from the same tutor every week. See contact information below.
- eTUTORING: LIVE TUTORING & PAPER SUBMISSIONS
Available for many TCC courses! Log on and check out the list, which includes Anatomy & Physiology, Biology, Calculus, Chemistry, Computer Science (Java & C++ only), Math (Developmental through Trigonometry), Physics, Spanish, Statistics, and all Writing
To access eTutoring Platform (free to TCC students):
- Click on “eTutoring” button in your class menu in Canvas, using your current TCC login
OR . . .
- Access it through the Portal (go to the top of your Portal Page and hover over the box icon, then select “All Applications” then scroll down to “eTutoring”).
How can we help?
The Writing & Tutoring Center improves your work by giving you a resource for:
- Asking questions about the project or subject you’re working on
- Providing feedback on your work
- Giving you strategies for improving your understanding, study techniques, and writing skills
- Helping you become a better writer
Writing & Tutoring Center Services
Scheduled, one-on-one sessions
Make an appointment up to one week in advance with the tutor of your choice (on a first come, first scheduled basis).
Available for team projects or several students from the same class
We offer drop-in tutoring in English, ESL, writing and math
We also provide online help with coursework along with resources to help you find your own answers.
Our tutors can help identify specific errors or answer general questions.
Use one of our 20 student computers to draft papers, do research or have a computer-assisted tutorial with our tutors.
Location and Hours
The Writing & Tutoring Center is located on the 2nd floor of the Learning Resource Center, Bldg. 7, Room 221. Our schedule varies by quarter. Please see the student portal or our Facebook page for current hours.
Call us at 253-566-6032
For a writing tutor at the Gig Harbor campus, call 253-460-2424 for the current hours.