What is a Learning Community?
In Learning Communities, two or more of your classes are joined into one, and teachers work together to connect their content and support and mentor you.
- Get to know people and make friends in your major or area of interest right away
- Develop a supportive network with other students, peer mentors, and professors
- Undecided? Learn about degree and career options
- Complete needed credits for your major in a supportive environment
- Complete exciting projects that are linked to your major and community
Our Exploratory Learning Communities combine ENGL&101 with COL 101 (College Success). These Learning Communities are themed around our career clusters (STEM, Business, Health and Wellness, Arts & Communication, People & Communities). Some also have a third class, like Communications 101 or Sociology 101.
College Success Class
To learn more about our new College Success (COL 101) class, which you can take by itself or as part of one of our Exploratory Learning Communities, watch this video:
I liked how the teachers connected their assignments and knew how to support me – I actually enjoyed coming to class. ”
Exploratory Learning Communities Spring 2024
TCC offers Learning Communities in various fields that are designed to fit your career or educational pathway.
To enroll, please contact the instructors directly to request permission. (Please Note: Read through ALL OPTIONS before making your choice.)