- U.S. citizen, permanent resident or eligible non-citizen
- Admitted to TCC as a regular student seeking an eligible TCC college degree or certificate
- Students must have a high school diploma, GED® or high school equivalency, OR meet Ability to Benefit (ATB) criteria. Call 253-566-5144 to schedule an appointment with Rebecca Jayasundara for ATB information
- Valid Social Security Number
- Not in default on other student loans or owe repayments on a grant
- Registered with the Selective Service (if required)
- Making satisfactory academic progress as defined by the TCC satisfactory academic progress requirements (including maintaining a 2.0 cumulative GPA after any 6 quarters of attendance)
Please Note: Adult Basic Education classes are not eligible for financial aid. If you have questions about eligible classes and options please contact the ABE department at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 253-566-5144.
Financial aid isn’t available for High School Completion, GED, Running Start, Fresh Start or Continuing Education classes.
ABT (Ability to Benefit)
Guidance for students who do not have a high school credential but need financial aid for college.