Professional Licensure and Out-of-State Students 

*Please note that this page is a work in progress!

Professional Licensure and Certification

Some of TCC's programs lead to professional licenses or certificates. Some licenses and certificates are required to practice a profession (such as EMT or Nursing) while others improve job prospects. Check your program to see if it meets your states requirements. 

Out of State Students

Tacoma Community College offers its programs to students from all states and the District of Columbia. SARA is the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement, a partnership between state regulators, accreditors, the U.S. Department of Education, and educational institutions that makes higher education opportunities across state lines more accessible to students.  

Student Complaint Resolution Process 

You should get the best educational experience, regardless of how your program is delivered. If you find yourself with concerns about your experience, you may file a grievance 

If a resolution is not found through TCC’s student complaint process, out-of-state online students may use additional resources provided by SARA. Please contact our state's SARA Portal Entity, Washington Student Achievement Council: 

Sam Loftin, J.D., Director of Consumer Protection 


Washington Student Achievement Council 

917 Lakeridge Way SW 

Olympia, WA 98502