It is recommended that new students at TCC enroll in the HD 101 “Student Success Seminar” at their first quarter (or earliest possible) registration. All students assessing in at least two developmental subject areas are required to enroll in HD 101 during their first (or earliest possible) quarter whether or not they have completed any college level work.
To require students who test into developmental level classes to enroll in HD 101 their first quarter at TCC. HD 101 assists college students in navigating towards student success and in retaining students in college. All new students at TCC are encouraged to enroll in Human Development 101.
To Whom Does This Policy Apply
- are new to TCC and enrolled for more than 6 credits, and
- have not had a Student Success course previously, and
- enter TCC demonstrating developmental reading and math needs.
Accuplacer assessment scores will place students in appropriate levels of reading and math.
- “New students” are those matriculating students who have not previously completed at least one full quarter at any accredited college.
- Accuplacer is the ETS product used as the front-end assessment tool for reading and mathematics at TCC.