How-To Videos & Frequently Asked Questions
International Student Support
International Student Advising
Advisors in the International Programs Office are here to assist you with course selection, immigration advising, transfer advising and graduation.
Schedule a virtual appointment with your Academic Advisor using the below links:
ASHLEY BUSH, International Student Advisor
RYAN GALLAGHER, International Student Advisor
Learn more about the different programs avavialble at TCC and where you can go upon completing your Associate degree:
Student Requests (Forms)
There are many different requests that you may have for International Programs, such as extending your form I-20 end date or requesting low credit. Please use the following links to submit an online request:
GENERAL REQUESTS INCLUDE: I-20 extension, I-20 change of major, travel signature, visa renewal letter, visitor visa support letter, WA state driver's license, opening a bank account letter, change of address
Note: You must submit a Change of Address request within 10 days of moving.
ACADEMIC REQUESTS INCLUDE: High/Low credit, quarter off (vacation), degree audit request (graduation), enrollment verification letter, transfer out request, recommendation letter
Enrolling at TCC online from outside of the U.S.? You have the option to drop your medical insurance.
International students at Tacoma Community College are eligible to work on-campus, and there are a variety of different opportunities to gain employent year-round. VIsit the TCC Employment page to see current job postings.
Global Mentor Program
TCC’s Global Mentor program is an opportunity for international students to be a leader for the Global community at Tacoma Community College. The key responsibilities include assisting with the New International Student Orientation, being a Mentor to a group of new students and helping with GlobalTCC events throughout the quarter. International Programs seeks students who are:
- Committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for all new students at TCC
- Motivated to share their language and culture with others
- Looking to gain leadership experience
- Excited to plan, organize and attend events with other international students
Housing Ambassador Program
The TCC Homestay Ambassador Program is designed to provide a leadership development opportunity to two homestay students who will be asked to share their experiences with the program staff, host families and fellow international students currently enrolled in the TCC Homestay Program. Responsibilities include:
- Meet and communicate with program staff regularly
- Support the Homestay Team during orientation sessions, workshops & meetings
- Assist fellow homestay students and give advice using one's past experiences in the homestay program
- Be a liaison among homestay students, host families and program staff
- Act as a role model and cultural ambassador
- Maintain confidentiality regarding students’ concerns and/or issues
Office of Student Engagement
Commonly referred to as OSE on campus, the Office of Student Engagement provides exciting events and activities year round. Lucky for International, their office is on the same floor. So stop by, join a club and get involved.