- Student must be at least 16 years of age
- High School graduation NOT required
Required Admission Documents:
- Bank Statement showing at least USD $18,861 (issued within the last 6 months)
- Copy of High School or College Transcript
- Copy of Passport Photo Page
Other Admission Documents:
- Optional: English Proficiency (visit EAP Webpage for accepted scores)
- Under 18? Please submit the Parental Consent Form
- Transferring in from another U.S. school? Please submit the Transfer Form
Want to see what a typical day at TCC would be like? Check out one of our International Student Videos.
After your completed application is received, an admissions package will be created within two-business days. In the event that your application was submitted incomplete, please use the following resources to finalize your submission.
Missed a supporting document when completing the online application? Submit additional documents:
- Online: Submit Supporting Documents
- By email: email@example.com
For all applications, there is a $50 application fee and $50 express mail fee. Students can pay fees:
- When submitting the online application
- Through the Online Payment Form (please select International in the type of payment field)
- With a check from an American bank, bank draft or Cashier's check (payable to Tacoma Community College)
- Via Money order from the postal service (not Western Union)
- Deferral Request Form: Defer your TCC admission to a different quarter
- Release of Information Form: Give TCC staff permission to share your academic progress with any people/agency/school you authorize
After your application is received, an acceptance package will be created for you within two-business days. This package contains:
- TCC Admission letter
- A Consulate letter (supporting your request for a student visa)
- A High School Completion Dual Degree letter (for students who have not graduated High School)
- University Conditional Admission letter (select one of our Univeristy Partners where you'd like to transfer after graduating from TCC)
- Your I-20 (this document confirms your acceptance as an international student in the U.S.)
I-20 and Visa Interview
You will need to pay a SEVIS and visa fee, make an interview appointment with the U.S. Consular Office in your home country and present the complete admissions package to them during your interview.
Be sure to keep your documents safe! If you lose any of your documents, please notify us immediately.
WHAT TO EXPECT WITH YOUR VISA INTERVIEW
- Most interviews last only 1-2 minutes and are conducted in English*
- Preparing for your visa interview is very important
- Providing thorough and honest answers are absolutely necessary
ESSENTIAL THINGS TO REMEMBER
- This is a Study Visa. Be sure to have a clear plan of what you plan to study and where you intend to transfer after TacomaCC.
- Demonstrate you can afford tuition and living expenses. You can do this by providing valid sources of funding and how those will be sustained throughout your 4+ years in the U.S.
- *Request to be interviewed in your native language, if you intend to study English (EAP) first.
- Show your intention to return home. Demonstrate strong ties to your home country and a motive to return home after you complete your studies.
WHAT QUESTIONS TO PREPARE FOR
- Why have you chosen to study at Tacoma Community College?
- How will you fund your studies?
- Do you have family members or relatives in the United States?
- What do you intend to do at the completion of your studies? (Career plan and intent to return home)