Hello Spring Quarter Students!
As TCC goes online to comply with the recommendations and requirements of our state and federal governments, the Student Learning Centers will also go online to support you in all of your academics. We care about your success during this challenging quarter!
Here are some details about the Business Education Center
ZOOM: LIVE TUTORING
For all business courses supported by the BEC
To access Zoom sessions (free to TCC students)
We will send the MEETING ID NUMBER by email and make accessible in the Portal so you can access these services after April 5.
If you miss it or have questions, please see the contact info at the bottom of this email:
- Navigate to zoom.us (https://zoom.us/)
- Select Join a Meeting from the header
- Enter the meeting ID number
- You will be prompted with questions regarding your audio and video preferences
- After selecting your preferred audio and video use, you will be placed in a waiting room
- The assigned staff member will add you to the session and assist you with your questions in the order that you enter
Additional support through eTUTORING: LIVE TUTORING
Available support in etutoring for Statistics, Accounting, Economics, and Microsoft Office.
To access eTutoring Platform (free to TCC students):
- Click on “eTutoring” button in your class menu in Canvas, using your current TCC login
OR . . .
- Access it through the Portal (go to the top of your Portal Page and hover over the box icon, then select “All Applications” then scroll down to “eTutoring”).
- Questions about Business Tutoring
The Business Education Center (BEC) is the place to go for help with questions about business courses. We provide tutoring support for accounting, business math, computer user courses, economics and statistics. Schedule an appointment with one of our tutors or just drop in when you need a hand.
Get paid to help your fellow students
Tutoring is a paid position with a time commitment of 5-12 hours per week. Qualified applicants will have a desire to facilitate the learning of their fellow students, a GPA of 3.0 or higher, a strong recommendation from an instructor in the discipline they are supporting, and previous completion of the course they support with a 3.0 or better.
To apply, visit Careers at TCC and select the job title Tutor, Dedicated Tutor, and Supplemental Instruction (SI) Leader – Pool.
Any Other Questions?
Contact us at any time, we're always here to help!
Drop by the BEC at Building 16, Room 308
Monday 8:30 am - 4 pm
Tuesday 8:30 am - 6 pm
Wednesday 8:30 am - 4 pm
Thursday 8:30 am - 4 pm
Friday 8:30 am - 2:30 pm
Closed Saturday and Sunday
Stop by or call us if you have any questions or wish to make an appointment.