This policy prohibits any behavior which is not in accord with the intended use of the college in all areas of Tacoma Community College. Individuals on College property shall abide by all College regulations and procedures
The purpose of the policy is to provide an option for addressing persons who engaged in activities that threatens the health, safety or right to peaceful enjoyment of Tacoma Community College campuses.
To Whom Does This Policy Apply
This policy applies to all who come to Tacoma Community College including, students, staff and visitors.
The policy defines “Trespass” as a voluntary wrongful act against the person or property of another, esp. unlawful entry to a person's land or property without their permission.
Any person(s) suspected of trespassing on Tacoma Community College grounds, buildings and parking lots will be asked for Identification and escorted off campus by Public Safety. If the person(s) does not comply, Public Safety will detain the person(s) and contact Tacoma Police Department for criminal trespass.
Persons subject to trespass are as follows:
- A person who engages in a verbal or physical confrontation with any person(s) on Tacoma Community College grounds, buildings or parking lots.
- A person who engages in any drug related criminal activity on property
- A person who engages in any criminal activity that threatens the health, safety and right to peaceful enjoyment.
- A person who engages in any violent or threatened violence against any student, staff or visitor.
- A person who engages in criminal activity in which a deadly weapon or dangerous instrument was used, or threatened to be used, or any activity that resulted in physical injury to any person.
- A person who commits a public nuisance, and other disorderly, lewd or lascivious conduct on Tacoma Community College.
- A person who loiters, or otherwise fails to have any legal business, on Tacoma Community College.