Exempt employees shall be granted personal leave as defined below:
- A full-time regular exempt employee shall be granted and may use up to five (5) days of personal leave during each twelve (12) month period.
- A part-time regular exempt employee on appointment for 50% FTE or greater may be granted personal leave days on a pro-rata basis at a rate proportional to the employee’s FTE.
- A temporary exempt employee on appointment for more than 6 months shall accrue personal leave days at the rate proportional to the number of months of the employee’s full time appointment. Temporary exempt employees on appointments of 6 months or less are not eligible for personal leave days, except where the temporary appointment exceeds 6 months, personal leave days shall be granted proportional to the number of months of the employee’s full time appointment. Part-time temporary employees at 50% FTE or greater, who are eligible to earn personal leave may be granted personal leave on a pro-rata basis at a rate proportional to the employee’s FTE.
- An eligible exempt employee on appointment for less than twelve (12) months shall be eligible for personal leave days at a rate proportional to his/her appointment period.
- Personal leave accrues and is available for use commencing with the first day of the eligible employee’s appointment.
- Whenever possible or predictable, an exempt employee shall give his/her immediate supervisors at least two (2) days advance notice.
- Personal leave may not accrue to the next twelve-month period. Any personal leave not used in the twelve month period, by June 30th, shall expire.
The purpose of this policy is to define and establish the terms and conditions for eligibility for and accrual and use of personal leave.
To Whom Does This Policy Apply
This policy applies to all exempt employees. This policy does not apply to academic employees, classified employees, part-time temporary employees, or volunteers.
Personal Leave – leave with pay granted for the purpose of the employee’s own personal use. Although personal leave may be used for any reason, personal leave is usually provided for the employee to conduct personal business that cannot be accomplished during non-work hours.
Twelve-month period –the period beginning July 1 of each year and continuing for twelve (12) months ending on June 30.
See College Policy – Definitions
An employee requesting to use personal leave shall request such leave on a form and in a manner as prescribed by the College. The College requires written request submission of leave by the employee on the TLS (Time and Leave System) accessible from the TCC portal.